Friday, March 21, 2014

A new student review of Double Take by Laura Kennedy

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Double Take by Laura Kennedy. See the full review.

When I requested this book, I was expecting it to be a swift, enjoyable read.  However, this was not the case.  Brooke’s poor decisiveness made me cringe.  Every decision she made seemed to be the wrong one, and I couldn’t help but wonder what was going on in her mind when she made them.

Another problem I had with this book was the fact that Brooke wasn’t interested in just two guys (a common thing called a Love Triangle), but three guys at the same time.  Out of those three guys, only one seemed like the good guy, and he was the one who slept with Brooke’s mother!

I am overall disappointed in this book; I’d hoped it would rise above my expectations, but it only made me feel like I was wasting my time reading it.