Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A new student review of Beneath the Heavens by Christine O'Neill

sabol posted a new student review of Beneath the Heavens by Christine O'Neill. See the full review.

Beneath the Heavens, written by Christine O’Neil, is a suspense-filled adventure story that kept me hooked down to the final line. When I first began to read I thought I would get lost in the multitude of characters but each was skillfully crafted so that I was able to follow the plot even between changes in perspective. In fact as the novel progressed I found myself getting deeply attached to each character and their idiosyncrasies. The clichéd yet heartwarming relationships that ensue among the characters and comical wordplay used, is just the frosting on the cake. O’Neil’s engrossing novel captures the very essence of a good story and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a juicy mystery to sink their teeth into.