Friday, December 24, 2010

Vesper by Jeff Sampson

Vespers, that's what they called the creatures that weren't like other humans, and Emily might be one of them. Emily Webb is a quiet nerd who never even thought about trying to fit in. But the night of the other Emily's murder, everything changes. She has become strong, wild, fast, and fearless, and she is scared of what the changes could mean. Has the other Emily's soul inhabited her body? Or could it be something that not even humans can control?

Vesper is a very exciting book. I have to admit that while first reading the book I kept putting it aside to read others, but the ending captured my heart with its romance and my mind with its action. I love how the author showed Emily telling her story; it added suspense and helped me to later on realize why everything played out the way it did. I think everyone should read this story at some point in life. Behind all the fantasy, it gives examples about how everyone at some time in life, especially in school, feel like they don't fit in. I can't wait to read it again.

Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Fresno, California USA