Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley

Charlotte's world is turned upside down by a simple gummy bear in the first book of this series, Ghostgirl. She dies and enters the afterlife, where she is forced to work at a hotline for troubled teens. Charlotte's old friend, Scarlet, desperately needs her help because her big sister, Petula, is gravely ill. Charlotte's friend, Maddy, in the neighboring cubical
intercepts the call from Scarlet. Forced to find another way to get to Charlotte, Scarlett enters the afterlife world herself to find Charlotte. When she finds her, they go on a search for Petula's holding room . Along the way, Maddy tries to lead them astray (because she is trying to
steal Petula’s life for herself). In the end, Petula is saved
and crowned Homecoming Queen.

I enjoyed this book because the author made me feel like I was there. The characters were great and worked together well, like best friends or sisters. The author’s voice also changed throughout out the book to what every mood they were in at the moment (funny, serious.). She gave great detail and I was never left wondering what was happening. I found this book to be entertaining and interesting. I think the ending was great because I like happy endings. I would recommend this book to others.

Content: 1
Rating: 9
Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State
and Country: Mineola , Texas USA