Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Sanctuary by, Laurie Gray

Summer Sanctuary was one of the most amazing books I have ever read, and I've read a lot. Its the perfect combination of what teenagers are going through now, and a harsh bite of reality. It made me want to read more, I truly loved it. I found a real sanctuary in this lovely book, and I know you will too.

Summer Sanctuary by Laurie Gray is about two main characters, Matthew and Dinah. They meet each other in the strangest way, but find that they are the perfect match for true friendship. Matthew is going through hard times with his parents, his mom is pregnant for the fifth time, Matthew's best friend Kyle is gone, and his younger brother Mark is surpassing him in all athletic ability known! And to Matthew's surprise, Dinah is having an even harder time. She's homeless, on the verge of being put in Child Welfare. Matthew needs to help his new friend, and your going to love the way he does. I think this author made it so uncommon, I loved how he mixed the two lives together of Dinah and Matthew. I couldn't get enough of this book! The author really did achieve his purpose in this book. Like I said, I found a sanctuary of my own in this Summer Sanctuary. I loved it so much, and I know you'll enjoy it just like I did.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Mineola, Texas USA