Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Truancy Origins by Isamu Fukui

Truancy Origins is the prequel to another book called Truancy. This novel is about two boys (Zen and Umasi) who were adopted by the mayor of education city and the problems that come their way. Zen plans a way to take down the city after realizing that his whole life has been a joke planned by his father. After Zen runs away, Umasi goes after him to try and knock some sense into him. Umasi and Zen must choose to forget the things that they had learned about the city and their father or choose to kill, and maybe hurt many innocent people.

Truancy Origins is a novel about the trials and tribulations that two brothers must face. A story about how education has completely taken over and is using it's power for all the wrong reasons. Isamu Fukui's writing is superb but while the writing is wonderful the flow is not. Some of the chapters had me wondering if there was a plot at all. I'm sorry to say but I did not like it, it left me dozing off after the first few chapters and I strained to finish the book at all. The author could have improved this story by making it flow a little bit better. If you read the book Truancy than I would recommend this book but otherwise I don't think I would recommend it at all.


Reviewer Age:17

Reviewer City, State and Country: Mantua, New Jersey United States