Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Portia's Ultra Mysterious Double Life by Anna Hays

This book is about Portia Avatar who is a twelve year old girl living in Palmville, California. When a sudden earthquake hits her town at 3:47 AM, she finds a mysterious picture of her missing father. From the picture, Portia decides her father is a detective. Portia decides that she will solve the case of her missing father, but can she keep it a secret from her vegetarian mother, Indigo? In the middle of her case, Portia discovers a ring which she believes is her mother's wedding ring. Will Portia be able to find out anything about her father from Indigo? Will she find her missing father?

This book is one of the best books I have ever read. Once I started reading, I just couldn't stop! The book was written really well; reading it was easy, and I could relate to Portia's determination to reach her goal once she set her mind to it. I would definitely recommend this book to girls my age. This book was a cliff-hanger that kept me guessing to the very last page.

Reviewer Age: 12

Reviewer City, State and Country: Enon, OH USA