Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Band: Trading Guys by Debra Garfinkle

Tracie- She has the most perfect life. A fantastic boyfriend, acceptance to Yale, and a totally awesome band. Everything changes once the new guy comes and blows her away. Mark-Things are going great for him. His girlfriend Sienna is in the band with him and the band is finally going somewhere. But when Lily, the exotic new lead singer catches his attention, he may find himself doing something different Sienna-Her and her boyfriend have done everything for the band. They write songs, book gigs, and still find time to make out. But she finds that she is becoming more and more hateful towards Lily. The band is about to make it big. Everything is going great with everyone, until one night at the beach, when one question changes everything. “Just for fun, why don’t we trade boyfriends and girlfriends?”

The Band Trading Guys, for me was a fun read. It was similar to a soap opera. When everything is going fine, just one question changes everything. When I first started reading, I had a lot of ideas of what was going to happen and who with. But when I finished I found that none of my ideas matched up to the plot. I would defiantly recommend this book for anyone looking for a little drama.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 8

Reviewer Age: 12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Minooka, Illinois