Sunday, April 30, 2006

Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson

Katie Chandler, the assistant at MSI, lives an unordinary life. She is one of the few employees at Magic, Spells, and Illusions, Inc who can see magical illusions, spells, enchantments and more. Yet she doesn't have one magical bone in her body. As the newly promoted assisstant to Merlin, she is given some rather special jobs. When someone breaks into wizard Owen Palmer's office, she is sent to investigate the crime. When it is determined that someone in the office is sabotaging the company, it's up to Katie to find a clever way to find the culprit before they can get to her first.

I'm a fan of chick-lit, so I was immediately attracted to the title and cover of the book. As soon as I started to read this book, I could not put it down. I loved the twist with the magical elements. It definately added a little something different. I really liked the main character, Katie, as well. I will try to find the prequel to Once Upon Stilettos as soon as I can. This is a great summer read!

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 9
Reviewer Age: 19
Reviewer City, State and Country: Philadelphia, PA USA