Sunday, March 19, 2006

Keeper of the Winds by Jenna Solitaire

Jenna has just lost her last remaining relative, her grandfather. With his death, Jenna has been overwhelmed with secrets from her past. These secrets are the secret to her future.

From the strange man staring at her during her grandfather's funeral to the strange break-in at her house, Jenna realizes that there are people out there trying to harm her. When she finds an ancient board in her Grandmother's trunk, she instantly knows that her life is connected to it. With the help of Simon Monk, she learns the magic of the Boards. Jenna learns that she is in control of the Board of the Winds and has unleased something very powerful. When she is kidnapped and her board is stolen, Jenna has to find a way to find it fast before everything is destroyed.

I was instantly interested by the summary of the novel as well as the cover. I don't usually chose to read mystery novels, so this was a nice change. There is also fantasy in Keeper of the Winds, which creates a really nice balance with the mystery. Once I started reading this, I could not put it down. While it wasn't a short novel, I feel like I read it really fast. I'm happy to see that this is only the first of four books, so I'm looking forward to see where Jenna's next adventure takes her.

Rating: 7
Age: 19
Philadelphia, PA
Priyanka Setty