Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Talisman of Zandria by Christine Norris

The very first time Ivy Peterson disobeys her parents by going into the woods alone to search for what she thinks is a fairy, her life turns upside down. She is chased by bullies into the unknown part of the forest and gets lost. When Ivy wakes up from tripping, rolling down a hill, and hitting her head (which causes her to faint), she doesn’t know where she is. Ivy was in a whole other world named Zandria. Then this boy named Connor comes along and says he will help her find her way home, but when he asks where she lives he finds out she lives in the Otherside. They go to Arden’s house to get him to help, but the gate leading back to Otherside doesn’t open. Ivy, Conner (an apprentice), and Arden (a wizard) set out in search of finding the Talisman that opens the five gates leading to and from Zandria.

I think Talisman of Zandria is an awesome book that is filled with lots of adventure. I like that as soon as the characters think they have one problem solved the author throws in another one. The characters were kind of different compared to the ones in other books I have read. I enjoyed reading this book and I hope everyone who reads this book will enjoy it as much as I did. I recommend Talisman of Zandria to kids 9-12 years of age who enjoy reading fantasies and fairy tales, and I hope to be able to read the sequel when it comes out.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 9
Reviewer Age: 12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Upper Strasburg, PA US