Sunday, May 08, 2005

A Crack in the Line

Alaric Underwood is in a deep depression due to the horrible death of his mother in a train wreck. Naia Underwood is very happy in her life with her mother. Just the memory of the terrible train accident that almost took her mother away sends her mind reeling. When Alaric discovers the alternate reality where his mother is still alive, he longs for some answers. Where is he? How can his mother be both dead and alive? And who is this girl that looks just like him? A Crack in the Line is a mysterious journey with plenty of hair-raising ideas.

A Crack in the Line wasn't the best book in its genre. The beginning was so confusing that I had to read the first 20 pages four times to understand it! The idea behind the book was so unique, that I didn't mind it. I thought that the questions running through my head were unbelivably suspicious. I thought that the real ending was a let-down. The book did, however, have an alternate ending. I thought it was 1,000 times better than the real ending. Overall, this was an alright start to a mysterious and thrilling trilogy.

Rating: 7

Reviewed by Flamingnet student reviewer