Friday, June 24, 2016

A new student review of Fair to Hope by Sam Reed

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Fair to Hope by Sam Reed. See the full review.

When I began reading this book, I was immediately intrigued by the main character. Velma is a likeable and strong female character. She struggles throughout the book with who she is and who she must become, and it was very interesting to see her grow throughout the story.


Unfortunately, the plotline of this novel was a bit confusing. The author’s description of the universe and how it all worked was disorienting. I’m unfortunately still a bit confused on what everything in the author’s world is and how it plays into the story. I also felt that there was too much time spent on dialogue, and there were points I found myself getting tired of the story. The storyline grew slow about halfway through, and it didn’t really pick up until the last few chapters.


Overall, the author has an amazing idea for a story. It just needs a bit better execution.