Thursday, December 03, 2015

A new student review of Warrior Kids: A Tale of New Camelot by Michael Bowler

jotaf posted a new student review of Warrior Kids: A Tale of New Camelot by Michael Bowler. See the full review.

I really enjoyed Warrior Kids: A Tale of New Camelot. I enjoyed how the author, Michael J. Bowler, was able to turn issues like global warming and pollution into a storyline that was action-packed and fun to read. I also liked the knights’ motto: do what is right rather than what is easy. If more people lived that way, then maybe pollution wouldn’t have become so bad in the first place. 

A part in the book that I really liked was when Lance had to save Billy. He had to make a pretty big sacrifice for him, but it ultimately furthered their goals. 

At times, I felt the book lost me and the action slowed a bit. It would have held my interest better in those parts if the pace had stayed consistent.

This is a stand-alone book, but there are five other books in The Knight Cycle series. I would recommend this book to students ages 11 and up, as well as to anyone who has read the other books in this series.