Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A new student review of Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton

pavannah posted a new student review of Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton. See the full review.

To begin, I definitely enjoyed reading this book, however there were some parts that made me cringe, because I mean what cliches do not make people want to look off into the distance with disappointment in their eyes? It was only a cliche because it was a strong woman fighting for her beliefs, with a little love and betrayal thrown in.  But even though there was this cliche in there it was present in a good way, and I am more than thrilled I made this lovely books acquaintance.  The fact that the main character is strong and intelligent made her more relatable and a role model for the readers, because who doesn’t want to be an awesome female warrior?  What I loved most about her as a character was her ability to adapt to the situations presented, and try to find a solution that she truly believed in, and I think this is an admirable trait in anyone.  Throughout the entire novel I was thrilled by the author's skill and devotion to developing the characters into more understanding and respectable people. The plot not only took me on a ride, it brought me on a rollercoaster filled with flips (that at times want to make you get off, but it's too good to stop, and, well, you’re stuck), which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Overall I have to say I was pleased, and will be looking forward to more in the future.