Wednesday, April 08, 2015

A new student review of Regina Shen: Resilience by Lance Erlick

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Regina Shen: Resilience by Lance Erlick. See the full review.

Most people say not to judge a book by its cover. Unfortunately, I can't help myself from doing so. If the cover doesn’t grab me from the start, I won’t bother looking at it. With Regina Shen: Resilience, this was not a problem. The cover art was very dark, but beautifully executed. Regina Shen holding the crossbow on the front cover was stunning; I was immediately intrigued by the book.

Some authors have trouble putting new worlds into words, but that was not the case for Lance Erlick. The author’s descriptions were well-written, resulting in me fully understanding the world.

The main character, Regina, was likable from the start. She loved to learn and was an amazing survivor. I felt that I could relate well to her, even though we both live in completely different worlds. My only wish was that the story was longer. At just over 200 pages, it was a quick read for me.

Overall, the author did an amazing job, and if you like post-apocalyptic novels about survival, this is definitely the book for you.