Monday, February 09, 2015

A new student review of Summer of Elves by Joanne Vruno

jotaf posted a new student review of Summer of Elves by Joanne Vruno. See the full review.

In my opinion, Summer of Elves was a really great book.  I liked that the author, Joanne Vruno, made the characters easy to connect with; the descriptions and characteristics Joanne gave the characters were captivating.  One of my favorite parts in the book was when Aly was learning to use her various powers.  I also felt that her take on elves was really interesting because I usually picture them at around six feet tall or so, but in this book they are very tiny.  This book has a hint of Fablehaven and Spiderwick Chronicles combined. The only problem I had with this book was that it wouldn't let me go to sleep; I wanted to keep reading the whole night!   I would recommend this book to anyone who likes magic, mystery, and adventure.  I would definitely read the sequel!