Wednesday, February 04, 2015

A new student review of The Field by Tracy Richardson

jotaf posted a new student review of The Field by Tracy Richardson. See the full review.

I thought The Field was an imaginative book full of action and mystery.  I liked that the author, Tracy Richardson, blended a believable story about a regular high school boy with just enough sci-fi to make it enjoyable.  I also thought the characters were realistic.  I think my favorite part was in the ending, but since it gives away a lot of the book, I can’t say what it is.  You’ll just have to read it yourself to find out.  The book was sometimes slightly confusing to follow.  Also, on the editor’s part, I saw a bunch of grammatical errors and flipped words, like “a in” instead of “in a."  Unfortunately, a lot of the book dealt with soccer, which started to get a little boring for me.  But if you are a soccer fan who also likes a little bit of sci-fi, this book might be for you.