Friday, September 19, 2014

A new student review of The Night Fairy by Laura Amy Schlitz

spickle posted a new student review of The Night Fairy by Laura Amy Schlitz. See the full review.

The Night Fairy was well written, whimsical, and an enjoyable book that I didn’t have to think about.  I was able to appreciate the story without having to wrap my mind around twisting plot lines and characters that disappear and then reappear much later so no one remembers them.  The character development was stretched through the whole book, each chapter revealing a different dimension of Flory, and throughout the entire story you see her mature and learn to make choices.  She retains a little bit of her selfish behavior, until she is faced with a decision that will mean life or death for a completely unknown stranger.  The Night Fairy is a book that I will keep on my shelf to read over and over.