Friday, April 11, 2014

A new student review of Magefable by Heimdall Thunderhammer

jotaf posted a new student review of Magefable by Heimdall Thunderhammer. See the full review.

Magefable was a very exciting, adventurous book.  I really liked it.  It had lots and lots of twists that made it surprising.  I liked that the author made it funny while at the same time not something unbelievably unrealistic.  I also felt that the characters were relatable and very well developed.  My favorite character was Durbin.  I liked him because he was a brave young mouse who dreamed of going on an adventure and living up to the name of his father, Marcus the Brigand.  I also liked Clove, who knew that the one who made this quest before her was unsuccessful, and yet still is determined to try.  Something on the editor's part that I felt left something to be desired was that some of the grammar, spelling, and punctuation still should be corrected.  I would recommend this fantasy book to ages 10 through 14 because there are some big words, lots of fighting, and some killing.   I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.