Monday, April 14, 2014

A new student review of Labeled by Mark Salvatore

zkraus posted a new student review of Labeled by Mark Salvatore. See the full review.

I really liked this book. It was darker than other young adult genre books I've read but, it had a raw look at reality. At first, I wasn't so sure about it, but then as I kept reading, I wasn't able to stop! I can relate to a certain degree with some of the things Vinnie was experiencing, so I felt that I could understand the character and his perspective. Also, it has a more positive ending which many books with storylines like this don't. It is a very real coming of age story that I really enjoyed and would reccomend to a lot of people. It's really a book about the choices we make and where they lead and the people we become because of them. I also really liked the viid images I got in my head because of how descriptive the author was in describing the places and emotions. It helped captivate me into the story and make it all more real.