Thursday, March 06, 2014

A new student review of The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf by Ambelin Kwaymullina

zkraus posted a new student review of The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf by Ambelin Kwaymullina. See the full review.

Out of all the dystopian genre books I've read, I like this idea best. However, I struggled to get through it. When I started reading it, pushing through the first 20 pages was a challenge. I got confused with who was talking and when. The book begins with Ashala being detained. It was difficult for me to connect all the dots. I was completely lost for a majority of the book. Again, I like the idea and plot but I think it could have been written in a clearer way. However, the detail and descriptions really painted a picture in my head. The author also did a good job of describing emotion, which caused me to understand and almost feel the same emotion that the character was feeling.