Monday, September 23, 2013

A new student review of Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

alphatauri posted a new student review of Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter. See the full review.

When I saw the concept for Alice in Zombieland, the book before this one, my mind rushed with happiness. I'm a fan of both zombies and Alice in Wonderland, so naturally I freaked out. Unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to my expectations. The action took too long to start up and Ali and Cole had very little chemistry together. However, Through the Zombie Glass totally changed my thoughts on the series. All the introducing done in Book One makes the plot in Book Two flow so much better. One of Gena Showalter's greatest abilities is to create so many diverse characters that truly make her worlds feel like real ones. She most certainly did that in Through the Zombie Glass. Ali and Cole were obviously the stars of the show with their suspenseful relationship building, but the other hunters all had their moments. This is a book full of action, romance, mystery, and heartbreak in many ways. I heartily recommend it to anyone who has the slightest interest in zombies or Alice in Wonderland!