Sunday, May 01, 2011

Baby Grape and The River Folk by Thom Rogers

When Toby and Jaynee are separated from the others, they try to find their way back. When they do, they continue to the city. But when they arrive, they discover it has burned down. So they continue on. They come upon and old house in the woods and get sick. Deathly sick. But the others find them, and they recover. Toby prospers in the trading business, and yet again make many new friends.

To me this was the least exciting out of the 3 books. I can hardly remember it, although I've read it recently. I can remember the events, but not the order they happened in. But anyway, it had an interesting plot that I feel was more complex then in the other books, which is something I like.Toby seems so overburdened in this book that it is unfair, but with a great start in a big business, it seems his luck is changed, something surprising I didn't expect. So the events balance each other out and it turned out to be a good book.

Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Santa Fe, TX USA