Sunday, August 01, 2010

Seaglass Summer by Anjali Banerjee

Anjali Banerjee writes a great story about a girl named Poppy Ray who is 11 years old and loves animals. She wants to be a veteranarian when she gets older but her mother is allergic to anything with fur. When Poppy's parents go to India for buisness, Poppy stays with her Uncle Sanjay and helps him in his pet clinic. But Poppy has a hard time fitting in with her Uncle and everything turns out wrong. Will Poppy be able to help all the animals and pull herself together?

Anjali Banerjee writes a great story, and I really enjoyed it. This story was a page turner and I recommend it to anyone. I could picture the setting if I closed my eyes. Banerjee gave the right amount of details and this book was told in first person. Banerjee also did a good job of wrapping up subplots.

Reviewer Age:10
Reviewer City, State and Country: Elkton, Maryland USA