Thursday, July 01, 2010

Cthulhu's Reign by Darrell Schweitzer

Cthulhu's Reign is a collection of stories about several different creatures, such as Cthulhu, a large sea serpent. These creatures come from the past and cause problems for many civilizations. The stories may seem more interesting to someone who enjoys reading fictional stories. One story was about a telepathic girl who helped her family fight its way to safety from the creatures that came to Earth. Several of the other stories were also about people who have visions or omens that help save them from different creatures.

I felt the various authors did an excellent job of using descriptive text. I could easily picture the various creatures and characters. I feel that this book is appropriate for middle school students. I found this book especially interesting because I enjoy researching Greek mythology. I recommend this book to people who enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy.

Reviewer Age:12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Helena, AR USA