Saturday, March 13, 2010

Everything I Need To Know I Learned From A Children's Book by Anita Silvey

An inspirational collection of essays from leaders, artists, authors and even comic book writers who recall their favorite children's book and the impact it had on their lives. This book can be read by people of all ages and each essay is accompanied by illustrations and an exerpt from the selected books.

This book is sweet, comforting, inspiring and even unexpected. Usually books full of essays are boring and after a few pages are put down and never touched again. However this collection of essays is unique and honestly, although this is a slang word, very cool. I couldn't put it down. When I read it it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of my stomach and put a sweet smile on my face. It is also a must read if you are looking for wholesome children's novels that teach a life lessons for your daughter or son.

Reviewer Age:16
Reviewer City, State and Country: Fuquay Varina , North Carolina United States of America