Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sphinx's Princess by Esther Friesner

In this book the reader experiences the childhood of the beautiful Nefertiti. As she grows up in ancient Egypt, when the pharaohs once ruled, she discovers many skills she has been given. Nefertiti discovers what family is and what dangers my come of power in the ancient time. With many obstacles to face in her childhood, Nefertiti grows up in ways she never thought she would.

I think this book is a good read. The author describes the world around the character with so much detail. I can feel the heat of the sun, when I imagine the setting. I feel what Nefertiti feels with so much power to the words that I feel I am right there with her or even her. When describing the beliefs of Ancient Egypt, she is either done research or she just describes their religion like she has witnessed the ceremonies and prayers. I would recommend this to other readers. This book is a very good story about strength and finding courage to stand up for yourself. It is a very good book, although I do not see it getting high up on the book list. But don't let that lead you away cause if you like historical fiction books, you should try it.

Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Lake Bluff, Illinois United States of America