Thursday, January 15, 2009

Inca Gold is a story where the reader and a girl named Sally both go to an airport in Cuzco, Peru to find the Lost City of the Incas. In this book from the Choose Your Own Adventure Series, the reader gets to make decisions that will determine what happens to them throughout the book as they search for The Lost City of Gold. The book will take the reader through many adventures including through jungles and many other treacherous paths. Be careful because others are out there looking for it too. The decisions you make in this quest could be good or bad. The wrong decisions could end your journey, but you can always go and reroute your path.

I like this book because it feels like you are in the book. You can decide what you want to happen. The author included details that helped me as a reader imagine the sounds and sights of each setting in the book. I like it because it's adventurous. It's the first book I've ever read that you can choose your own path and I really like that. My least favorite path is when I decided to go jump out of an airplane and my parachute would not open. I jerked it roughly and my chute opened, but the jungle was coming too fast and I crashed into what first looked like a soft blanket of green. The closer I got it seemed like an angry porcupine. The book let me know that this wasn't the way I was supposed to go. I had a hard time picking my favorite way to go. There were a lot of great ways.
Reviewer Age:12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Leopold, MO USA