Thursday, December 04, 2008

Faust

Faust is a book about the japenese culture of manga-ka. There are ten stories in this book. They are all different examples of how manga is different from english writing styles. Some are about being different and not following the crowd, and how it may affect a person's abilities later in life. Others tell about what can drive a person to suicide; and how one girl can save many others. This book includes stories by: Clamp, Takeshi Obata, Ueda Hajime, NISIOISIN, Yun Kouga, Take, and Kouhei Kadono. There is also an interview between Kinoku Nasu and the writers of the book, mostly asking questions to Nasu about his book The Garden of Sinners. If you thought this was a manga book, this is not the book for you.

To me Faust was a totally different from what I expected because I thought this was a manga book. For me it was hard reading a book that is about manga, and having parts of the books in it that I may have already read without the pictures. So of course like a normal book I had to picture everything that was happening. Also it was a little difficult to follow because all the different stories made it hard to keep up. Other than that I totally loved this book. I was fascinated with all the different styles of manga-ka.

because it has sexual content

Reviewer Age:13

Reviewer City, State and Country: Casa Grande, Arizona United states