Monday, March 20, 2006

So Super Stylish by Rose Wilkins

Octavia Clairbrook-Cleeve, daughter of a famous actress and director, has no wish to be in the spotlight. After leaving her glitzy school behind, she enters the local high school. For a while, she believes that she has gotten away from her former life. Unfortunately, she is mistaken. Bud, her mother's boyfriend, decides to pack up and move to live with them, bringing his son, Milton, along. While that causes some excitement, nothing can compare to the fact that India Withers, Octavia's nemesis, comes to her school claiming that she's doing research for her next acting gig. And India is in to cause as much harm as possible to Octavia's somewhat calmer life.

I really liked reading So Super Stylish. I wish that I had started with it's prequel, So Super Starry, first. It was interesting to read about the life of someone famous. While this reminded me of the Introducing Vivian Leigh Reid and the A-List, So Super Stylish is original in it's own way. The story kept me interested as soon as I read the first page. I would recommend this book as a fun, quick read for the summer.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 8
Reviewer Age: 19
Reviewer City, State and Country: Philadelphia, PA USA