Thursday, November 28, 2013

A new student review of Saving Halloween

ctamm posted a new student review of Saving Halloween . See the full review.

The book is well-written and brings the spirit of the Halloween holiday to life. I like that the book deals with bullies, and ways that the girls are able to overcome the threats of those bullies. I like the colorful characters in the Spavento family, and how the mystery was solved in an unexpected way. I did feel that the magic in the book sometimes made the answers to the girls’ problems seem a little too simple. I also felt that a few of the characters could have come across as more authentic. Overall, however, I definitely do recommend Saving Halloween. The book brings the magical spirit of the Halloween holiday to life. It also teaches readers to feel confident about who they actually are.

 

No comments: