Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Review of Bug Island by Bug Island by RG Cordiner

Barely surviving a horrific shipwreck, not only do survivors have to try to stay alive, they also must deal with the bugs. They are toe biters, pond skaters and harvest men. Normal bugs right? Wrong. The insects are 7, 8, 10 feet tall at the minimum! Being trapped with a six meter giant centipede was not on the cruise itinerary! Now all they want is to get off without getting squished! (Or worse...)

To me, Bug Island reminded me of the stories we wrote in third grade. The characters seemed flat, and I didn't see a single comma anywhere in the whole story. I'm exaggerating, but when I read this book I couldn't get around the fact of the lack of commas.

But it was a wonderful idea and was mostly enjoyable. It would generally be categorized as "horror", but to me it is more of "horror lite". I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Thrillers/Horror/Action books such as Time Machine and the like, but not to those that don't like predictable plots.

Reviewer Age:11

Reviewer City, State and Country: Seattle, Washington USA