Saturday, January 02, 2010

I So Don't Do Spooky by Barrie Summy

The book I So Don't Do Spooky by Barrie Summy is about a girl named Sherry who has a ghost for a mom. Sherry's mom died a couple of years ago and came back as a ghost, and Sherry's stepmom is a teacher at Sherry's school. When Sherry went to a meeting with her real mom and the head ghost, the head ghost told her that her stepmom has a stalker. In order for her to be able to keep in contact with her mom and feel safe again, Sherry must find and turn in the stalker . On the same day she got roses from somebody . . . who wasn't her boyfriend (and she needs to find out who the flowers are from). Can Sherry do it all and stay alive to tell the tale? Read this enchanting mystery to find out!

This book was very interesting, and it gave me lots of details. I like books that I can picture in my head and feel like I'm in it, and this book let me do that. As a character, Sherry was very realistic(except for the fact she can speak to her ghost mom) and she was almost always worried about something. Compared with other mysteries I have read before, like Sherlock Holmes or Nancy Drew, this one wasn't as intriguing as the others. I learned from this book nothing is ever as it seems, and I believe this statement with all of my heart. Overall, I recommend this book to teens and young adults for entertainment reading, for it will fill you with laughter and sadness, like any good book should.

Reviewer Age:12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Fresno, California USA