Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hottie by Jonathan Bernstein

Alison Cole has just been elected class president. Instead of being looked up to, a nasty trick is played to convince her she needs surgery to give her symmetry. Unfortunately, she gets zapped by a lightning bolt during the procedure and now she can shoot fire from her fingertips! David Eels jumps at the chance to coach a real superhero. But what happens when David falls for her? What about the supervillian lurking in LA?

Overall, Hottie was a very good book, although it swore alot. But it's exactly how a teenager in LA would talk. The characters were very well made and very funny (especially David Eels (the superhero geek)) The battles were also well written (I could see them in my head) and action-packed. I did notice that Hottie's name was a bit of surprise to people at school (it's a middle school) and my parents. But I honestly could not see Alison using a different name since it was like a stereotypical LA teen. Plus, it makes her character unique in the story. Overall, I would suggest this title to anyone looking for a good book.

I rated the book's content 2 because it swore a whole bunch.

Reviewer Age:12

Reviewer City, State and Country: Denton, Texas US