Thursday, April 21, 2016

A new student review of Liberty Frye and the Sails of Fate (series, Book Two) by J.L. McCreedy

jotaf posted a new student review of Liberty Frye and the Sails of Fate (series, Book Two) by J.L. McCreedy. See the full review.

I really liked Liberty Frye and the Sails of Fate. It did not disappoint and was just as exciting as the first book. The author, J. L. McCreedy, masterfully crafted a book full of action, adventure, and suspense that commanded my attention from beginning to end.

The descriptions were also outstanding; they made me feel as though I was experiencing the journey for myself. Just one example of the detailed descriptions was, “Uncle Frank saw something just as incredible outside, because now, that electric blue cloud pulsed and throbbed with renewed energy until suddenly, the cloud burst apart like a million shooting blue stars, each star falling directly from the sky...”

The themes of family and friendship were woven throughout this book. I could relate to the characters; they were believable and felt very realistic. I would recommend this book to ages 12 and up or to anyone who has read and enjoyed book one, Liberty Frye and the Witches of Hessen.