Monday, June 27, 2016

A new student review of The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda

lexygirl1997 posted a new student review of The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda. See the full review.

The Safest Lies was exciting for about 50 pages and then the little excitement there was started to fizzle out. I became bored reading this book and struggled to continue reading to the end. I however did enjoy Ryan's character, and I loved how protective he was of Kelsey when she needed him there for her. Throughout almost this entire book I just was waiting to finally finish it so I could go back to reading books I would enjoy. The pacing of the book was very slow and should have been sped up so you were not sitting there waiting for the story to advance.

I also had a very hard time caring for the characters. Kelsey especially was not memorable and was also not very relatable. The character development between Kelsey and Ryan was another small thing I liked in the story, but was not enough to make me really enjoy the book. Another complaint I have is that the ending of the book was very predictable. This may also be because it was my first thriller novel I have ever read and maybe the genre is just not for me.  Overall,  I expected so much more from this book.