Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A new student review of Deacon's Folly by James Thibeault

jotaf posted a new student review of Deacon's Folly by James Thibeault. See the full review.

I think the author, James Thibeault, had a good idea in Deacon’s Folly, but it didn’t quite live up to its full potential. The characters were fairly developed, but I felt like they all shared one personality instead of each having their own. If each character could have been unique, it would have been better. A lot of violent things began to happen a little past the middle of the book, which I didn't like. I did, however, enjoy the theme of perseverance that was woven throughout. All in all, I think this book had tons of possibilities, but it fell a little flat. I would suggest this book to ages 14 and up or to people who like books that take weird twists but end in a positive way.