Friday, April 01, 2016

A new student review of The Brilliant World of Tom Gates by Liz Pichon

Wyatt01 posted a new student review of The Brilliant World of Tom Gates by Liz Pichon. See the full review.

I really liked this book. I laughed out loud so many times. Tom's drawings are hilarious, and I liked that the story was told with so many doodles. I think it made it much easier to read. I also liked that Tom was always trying to find a funny excuse for not doing his work, but his teachers still really liked him. He wasn't disrespectful or rude, just funny. There were so many great parts in the book like the fire drill, the choir practice, and the class assembly. I never knew what was coming next, but I knew it would make me laugh. Also, one thing that was great was that I could relate to all of the things Tom goes through. All kids try to get out of homework! Anyone who likes Wimpy Kid books or Timothy Failure will enjoy The Brilliant World of Tom Gates.