Thursday, February 04, 2016

A new student review of The Drowning Shark by Stormy Sweitzer Will Swanepoel

thudson36 posted a new student review of The Drowning Shark by Stormy Sweitzer Will Swanepoel. See the full review.

Overall, I thought The Drowning Shark was a good book. I found the plot intriguing and to the point. I never found myself bored while reading it, and the way the story continuously built up held my interest. The protagonist, Sierra, is a likeable teenage girl who shows strength, intelligence, and independence. Despite her unusual life, she was easy to relate to. One aspect I did not like about this novel was that some of the situations became unrealistic and confusing at times. I did love how this book touches on issues in modern society, like shark finning and poaching, and included many facts and information about them. Overall, I would strongly recommend The Drowning Shark because it addresses important issues, has a strong female protagonist, and is full of exciting adventures.