Wednesday, December 09, 2015

A new student review of Manicpixiedreamgirl by Tom Leveen

derbyc posted a new student review of Manicpixiedreamgirl by Tom Leveen. See the full review.

I like how Tyler has to figure out who he wants to be with, and how the story flashes to certain stories about Tyler.  My favorite thing about the book is when all of Tyler and his friends meet and get to know each other freshman year, and how they continue to be friends through good and bad times.

I was sometimes confused when the story goes back to Tyler's past.  It made me feel lost in what's going on in the present time of the book. What I disliked most of all is how the book ends. It left me hanging, wanting to know what would happen next.

I gave the book 4/5 stars.  I would not recommend this book for kids under 13 because of the content that deals with drugs and alcohol.