Sunday, October 11, 2015

A new student review of The Galaxy Pirates - Hunt for the Pyxis by Zoe Ferraris

nictaf posted a new student review of The Galaxy Pirates - Hunt for the Pyxis by Zoe Ferraris. See the full review.

The Galaxy Pirates: Hunt for the Pyxis was an amazing book filled with fantasy, adventure, and a captivating plot! The author, Zoe Ferraris, wrote a thrilling book with excellent character development. Emma was so well described that she could be a real person! One part of this book I especially liked was the descriptions. For example, the following description popped: “They heard a resounding crack! as the bow of the enormous container ship hit whatever had stopped the Markab. An enormous piece of timber rose up into the water like a whale, broken in half against the hull of the great ship. It looked like the sunken remains of a fishing pier. It was covered in long spikes and kelp, and it flopped back into the water.” Besides the plot and the characters, I felt that this book was a great read; it kept me on the edge of my seat! I would recommend this book to people that like fantasy, excitement, and a great book! I think this book would be for kids 9 and up!