Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A new student review of Weird Space: The Baba Yaga by Una McCormack Eric Brown

jotaf posted a new student review of Weird Space: The Baba Yaga by Una McCormack Eric Brown. See the full review.

One of my recipes for a good book is a mix of action, mystery, and adventure.  The Baba Yaga had all of those parts.  I liked that the authors, Eric Brown and Una McCormack, described the characters and the setting of the story thoroughly. I was able to picture the size and appearance of everything.  A part in the book that I particularly liked was when Failt, a Vetch child, snuck on Delia’s ship.  It was generous of Delia to keep Failt safe when the pilot wanted to get rid of him.

One thing I didn’t like about this book, though, was how it ended.  I’m not a fan of sad endings, and I wish it would have ended differently.  I would recommend this book to ages 13 and up, or to anyone who likes sci-fi and doesn’t mind some bad language.