Sunday, September 20, 2015

A new student review of My Diary from the Edge of the World by Jodi Lynn Anderson

nictaf posted a new student review of My Diary from the Edge of the World by Jodi Lynn Anderson. See the full review.

Jodi Lynn Anderson wrote a great book filled with fantasy and adventure!  My Diary from the Edge of the World had twists and turns so you can't tell what will happen until it does.  One part I especially liked was a description of a witch’s house.  Anderson wrote, "It was an astonishing sight-resting on enormous boulders at the peak of the mountain, made of dark logs and planks of wood, and lit up brightly inside with firelight. It looked half wild and half civilized, sort of crooked to one side, old and breathtaking, with attachments and additions veering off this way and that and poking over the sides of boulders and low cliffs."  Gracie was well described and I think she would be a normal, everyday person if she was real.  The book had a very unique plot, and I would have liked to be part of the characters' quest.  If you are a fan of adventure and fantasy, then you need to read this amazing book!  I would love to read a second book if there is one.  I would recommend this book to ages 8 and up!