Thursday, September 24, 2015

A new student review of The Many Lives of John Stone by Linda Buckley-Archer

jotaf posted a new student review of The Many Lives of John Stone by Linda Buckley-Archer. See the full review.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Many Lives of John Stone.  It had mystery, suspense, and adventure to make it very exciting.  Having read and loved the first book in the Gideon Trilogy, I decided to try this book, as it was written by the same author.  I am really glad that I decided to read this book, because it was fantastic.

The author, Linda Buckley-Archer, has a way with words.  She described the details of this book very well; I could picture Stowney House and the palace at Versailles in my head.  Also, the characters were down-to-earth and believable. 

A part in the book that I relished was when it added the journal entries.  I liked reading the story behind John Stone’s life in the present and in the past.  I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about this book. 

I would recommend this book to anyone ages 11 and up, or to anyone who has read and enjoyed the Gideon Trilogy.