Monday, June 08, 2015

A new student review of Protostar by Braxton A. Cosby

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Protostar by Braxton A. Cosby. See the full review.

The author developed a very interesting concept for this story. It is unlike any book I have read before. One of the main characters, William, was quite likable from the beginning. I enjoyed reading about him; he was my favorite character. Unfortunately, Sydney was not as likable a character for me. She came across as whiny at times and seemed to lack depth. I wished that her character had more feeling and complexity so that I could have cared about her and become invested in what happened to her.

The entire book was very fast-paced in my opinion. It kept me interested throughout the read; I didn’t get bored once.

The only other complaint I have about this book is that at times the wording seemed child-like, as well as forced and unnatural.

Though there were a few things I believed needed some refining, overall the book was a good read that I enjoyed. It is great for sci-fi/romance lovers of all ages.