Monday, April 27, 2015

A new student review of The Year of Chasing Dreams by Lurlene McDaniel

thudson36 posted a new student review of The Year of Chasing Dreams by Lurlene McDaniel. See the full review.

I thought The Year of Chasing Dreams by Lurlene McDaniel was an overall good book. Although it isn’t necessary, I would recommend reading the companion novel, The Year of Luminous Love, before reading this book. I didn’t read it beforehand, so I got confused at the beginning about the relationships between characters, but I soon caught on. The main character, Ciana, is a strong female protagonist who is very likable. It moved along at a nice pace, and I liked how it was spanned over a long period of time. I enjoyed how there were multiple subplots and stories within the overall storyline. Overall, I thought this novel was a nice love story that dealt with family and relationship issues in a realistic way and I would recommend it to others.