Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A new student review of Standing (The Waterblaze Trilogy) (Volume 1) by China Dennington

hannmarr23705 posted a new student review of Standing (The Waterblaze Trilogy) (Volume 1) by China Dennington. See the full review.

Standing might be a good book for someone aged 9-11 who likes dystopian themes. Personally, I didn’t enjoy this book and wouldn’t read the next two books. Something I didn’t enjoy is that the main character’s thoughts are written so bluntly and obviously. Another thing I didn’t enjoy is that the places and characters/animals aren’t described very well and I didn't feel like I could picture the setting as well because of it. I did enjoy how creative the general idea for the story, but the execution wasn’t as desirable. Also, some of the parts confused me and I had to read parts again to fully understand the idea.

    I give this story 2/5 stars. Some themes I noticed were action and adventure.