Monday, March 16, 2015

A new student review of All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

JesusFreak posted a new student review of All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. See the full review.

When I opened this book and began to read, I realized that I was immediately intrigued by Finch. Though troubled, I found him to be a very likable character.  The author did a good job describing her characters without overwhelming her readers with an overabundance of information. I felt as if I was in the book with Finch and Violet every step of the way.

I enjoyed the fact that Finch and Violet's relationship was believable.  It is hard for me to find a good romance that convinces me of the character's love, but the relationship in "All the Bright Places" was done very well.

Another thing to comment on is the pace of the book.  The beginning sentence grabbed me and wouldn't let me go.  As the book went on, I was never bored.  The last few chapters were especially beautifully written; they left me awestricken.

Overall, this book was an amazing read that I’m sure I’ll read many times again.