Friday, July 18, 2014

A new student review of Etched in Clay:The Life of Dave, Enslaved Potter Poet by Andrea Cheng

tkh2002 posted a new student review of Etched in Clay:The Life of Dave, Enslaved Potter Poet by Andrea Cheng. See the full review.

"Etched in Clay" was an absolutely amazing book. I have to be honest, when I first saw that it was a book of poetry, I wasn't sure it was going to be very interesting. Fortunately, I was proven wrong. Each and every poem in this book was so descriptive and passionate. I loved how there were different narators for the poems so that we could clearly see each side of the story. For example, some poems were written from Dave's point of view and others were written from the other characters perspective. Overall, I thought this book was a fantastic work of literature and Amdrea Cheng did a wonderful job.